Sunday 22 July 2012

This week in review

Phew! At last a day to put my feet up and spend some time with my family :) It's been a very busy week. I completed a fantastic training course, made a few small cakes and have been busy with business admin stuff. Ahhhh admin, the boring yet necessary part of my new business. Anyway, here are  few snaps for you all...

First, my 'Little Bee Cake'...


And then this Ninjago cake for a young Lego ninja loving client client...


Finally, here are the results from my training course at Handi's Cakes this week. I created this double barrel, two tier cake with a beautiful pearl lustre finish and sugar magnolias. I love love love making sugar flowers... I may have found a new vice!


The original plan was to add some piping detail to the bottom tier, but once I had applied the lustre finish I felt it already looked so elegant that it really did not need it in addition to the flowers. As you can see in the picture below, when the light hits the finish it looks so pretty (and even prettier by night!). This cake makes me want to get married again - such a classy look!


That's all from me for now...

If you haven't already liked my business page and you'd like to follow what I'm up to, here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/annatrivedicakes

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone :)

Anna x

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails